What do I do if I see a downed wire?

If you see a hazardous condition, such as fallen electric wires or trees leaning against wires or poles, call New Castle Police 914-238-4422 and Con Ed at 1-800-75-CONED (1-800-752-6633).    If you see a downed line, assume it is energized and stay away.  Please keep children away from flooded areas after a storm, as the water could be hiding an energized line.

Show All Answers

1. How do I report an electric service problem?
2. Does Con Edison know my power is out?
3. What do I do if I see a downed wire?
4. What do I do if I detect a gas leak?
5. What do I do if I see a downed tree blocking a road?
6. Why is it important to report problems directly to the police instead of posting on Facebook?
7. How can I check on the status of a previously reported electric power outage?
8. How do I receive New Castle storm updates?
9. Where do I report a water emergency?
10. Are there any mobile applications available?
11. How can I prepare before the storm?
12. Who is responsible for trimming trees?