By popular demand, the Town of New Castle Recycling Center is reopening on a limited basis starting Tuesday, May 26th. The Office and Residential Yard Waste Area will remain closed until further notice. The Recycling Center Yard will be open Tuesdays and Thursdays from 7AM-2:30PM only. Please note follow the procedural changes below when arriving at the Recycling Center.
- A limit of four vehicles will be permitted within the yard which will be managed by a recycling staff member
- Residents must remain in their cars while waiting on line to enter the yard.
- Walk-ins will not be permitted
- Residents are required to wear a mask/face covering
- Six feet of social distancing must be maintained so please leave family members home or have them remain in your vehicle
- To ensure social distancing only one resident will be permitted on the platforms at a time
- Use time efficiently in the yard in order to minimize wait time for others
Since the Recycling Center Office and Residential Yard Waste Area will remain closed, please visit Chappaqua Paint and Hardware or Millwood Hardware to purchase yard waste bags, recycling totes and compostable liners for food compost. Yard waste will continue to be collected curbside every other Monday.
As a reminder mulch/compost orders can now be placed for delivery only. For more information please visit:https://mynewcastle.org/413/MulchCompost-Yard-Waste.
To place an order please mail a Mulch/Compost Order Form and a check payable to the Town of New Castle to the Recycling Center at 210 Joan Corwin Way, Chappaqua, NY 10514.
Please email any Recycling Center questions to Recycle@mynewcastle.org.