Update on COVID-19 Statistics
As of 4/16/2020:
- Westchester Tests: 65,286 (+2,642)
- Westchester Cases: 21,828 (+881)
- Westchester Fatalities: 668
- New Castle Cases: 86
- New York State Tests 550,579
- New York State Cases: 222,284 (+8,505)
- New York State Fatalities: 12,192
To keep up with the latest statistics: https://covid19tracker.health.ny.gov/
Governor Cuomo Extends NY on PAUSE
The following is a summary of the provisions set forth in Executive Order 202.18, which extends NY on PAUSE through May 15th:
- Executive Order 202.14, which extended the provisions of Executive Orders 202.3, 202.4, 202.5, 202.6, 202.7, 202.8, 202.10, 202.11, and 202.13 which each closed or otherwise restricted public or private businesses or places of public accommodation, and which required postponement or cancellation of all non-essential gatherings of individuals of any size for any reason (e.g. parties, celebrations, games, meetings or other social events), is hereby continued, provided that the expiration date of such provisions of such Executive Orders shall be aligned, such that all in-person business restrictions and workplace restrictions will be effective until 11:59 p.m. on May 15, 2020, unless later extended by a future Executive Order. All enforcement mechanisms by state or local governments shall continue to be in full force an effect until May 15, 2020 unless later extended by a future Executive Order.
- Executive Order 202.14, which extended the directive contained in Executive Order 202.4 as amended by Executive Order 202.11 related to the closure of schools statewide is hereby continued to provide that all schools shall remain closed through May 15, 2020, at which time the continued closure shall be re-evaluated. No school shall be subject to a diminution in school aid due to failure to meet the 180 day in session requirement as a result of the COVID-19 outbreak, provided their closure does not extend beyond the term set forth herein. School districts must continue plans for alternative instructional options, distribution and availability of meals, and child care, with an emphasis on serving children of essential workers, and continue to first use any vacation or snow days remaining.
To learn more:
Updated Guidance on Face Masks for All New Yorkers
Effective at 8 p.m. on Friday, April 17, 2020 any individual who is over age two and able to medically tolerate a face-covering shall be required to cover their nose and mouth with a mask or cloth face-covering when in a public place and unable to maintain, or when not maintaining, social distance.
Chamber of Commerce Directory of OPEN Local Businesses
The Chappaqua-Millwood Chamber of Commerce maintains an up-to-date list of all local business that are open for business and ready to help you shop for essential items and treat yourself splurges!
Visit www.chappaquamillwood.org then click on Local Business COVID-19 Update. #shoplocal