View Other Items in this Archive |
View All Archives | Printable Version
ELQ Industries, Inc., the General Contractor, executed the Streetscape and Infrastructure on May 18, 2017. We are preparing for a kick-off meeting on June 1 with the entire team, and we anticipate that construction will begin in mid-June. The contract contains the following completion milestones that the Contractor must meet:
- October 1, 2017 — Installation of new water system
- October 1, 2017 — Installation of new sewer system north of Rite Aid on North Greeley Avenue
- March 2, 2018 – Completion of all remaining sewer work in the Chappaqua Hamlet
- November 20, 2018 — Completion of the entire project
I also want to highlight some of the major elements we are constructing so the residents understand the tremendous undertaking that is ahead of us and the beautiful and functional end result we can expect.
- Replacement of approx. 1,650 feet of 12-inch water main
- Replacement of approx. 2,650 of 8 inch and 15-inch sewer mains
- New storm water management systems along N. and S. Greeley to alleviate flooding
- New Traffic signal at the intersection of King and Greeley with formalized crosswalks
- New Concrete Sidewalks with Brick Paver Trim
- Decorative Brick Crosswalks
- ADA Compliant Tactile Warning Surfaces
- Bluestone in Public Gathering Areas
- New Granite Curbing
- Ornamental LED Lighting
- New / Refinished Benches
- Trash Receptacles
- Fluted Bollards
- Bicycle Racks
- Seating Walls
- Ornamental Fencing
- Planter Boxes with Plantings
- New Trees with Identification Plaques and Grates
There will be the first of many informational meetings on the Chappaqua Hamlet Infrastructure Construction Project.
When: Thursday, June 1, 2017 8 am
Where: New Castle Town Hall, Assembly Room
Come join members of Town Staff and John Kazawic and Chris Nash, Boswell Engineering to provide a construction update. We will provide an overview of the project that includes:
- Where will the work begin?
- When will the work be done (day work vs night work)?
- Daily start time?
- When will the project actually begin?
- How will merchants and residents get information during the project?
- How will we get construction updates?
- What is the information portal and how do I access it?
- How will I be able to reach people to ask questions and get answers, to voice concerns?
- How do I let people know about a special event? Holiday? Promotional or Sale day?
Hope to see you on June 1 at 8 am Town Hall Assembly Room.
Questions? Please call Jill Shapiro, New Castle Town Administrator at 238-4742