Chappaqua Forward - Form Based Code Project
In the spirit of preserving the character of Chappaqua while focused on an enhanced future, the Town of New Castle recognizes the need for the Chappaqua hamlet to meet the following goals:
- A place for community gatherings and civic events;
- A place where residents can live, congregate and spend their time comfortably;
- A place that is aesthetically pleasing and easy to navigate for pedestrians, cyclists, and vehicles; and
- A place that offers exciting dining and entertainment options that attract community residents and visitors
With that vision, the New Castle Comprehensive Plan (adopted in June 2017) acknowledges the need to provide the Chappaqua hamlet with a plan and a set of protocols that supports these goals. For the past two years, the Town has worked on developing a form based code to support the hamlet and its ability to fully realize its potential by current and prospective residents and businesses.
Engagement Sessions - Join the team to learn more about the form based code
Residents and interested parties are invited to attend three upcoming engagement sessions to learn more about the proposed form based code. Sign up for any (or all) of these by clicking on the links below:
- Tuesday, September 29 - 7 p.m. to 8:30 p.m. - Register here
- Thursday, October 8 - 4 p.m. to 5:30 p.m. - Register here
- Thursday, October 15 - 10 a.m. to 11:30 a.m. - Register here
Each engagement session will take place virtually and will be limited to ninety (90) minutes. Each session will be live-streamed on YouTube. Recordings will be available here on the Media -> Video page.