Chappaqua Forward - Form Based Code Project
In the spirit of preserving the character of Chappaqua while focused on an enhanced future, the Town of New Castle recognizes the need for the Chappaqua hamlet to meet the following goals:
- A place for community gatherings and civic events;
- A place where residents can live, congregate and spend their time comfortably;
- A place that is aesthetically pleasing and easy to navigate for pedestrians, cyclists, and vehicles; and
- A place that offers exciting dining and entertainment options that attract community residents and visitors
With that vision, the New Castle Comprehensive Plan (adopted in June 2017) acknowledges the need to provide the Chappaqua hamlet with a plan and a set of protocols that supports these goals. For the past two years, the Town has worked on developing a form based code to support the hamlet and its ability to fully realize its potential by current and prospective residents and businesses.
Form Based Code Review Process
Submit Public Comments on the DGEIS and Proposed FBC
On Tuesday, February, 23, 2021, the Town Board closed the public hearing on the DGEIS. The Town Board will continue to receive written public comments until March 25, 2021 at 5:00 p.m. The Board has adjourned the public hearing on the proposed FBC legislation until a future date to be determined after the proposed legislation has been revised to reflect the scope and objectives articulated by a majority of the Town Board.
A New Direction for the Form Based Code
On Tuesday, February 23, 2021, the Town Board announced a new direction for the Form Based Code, based on feedback received during the public hearings on the Draft Generic Environmental Impact Statement (DGEIS). To summarize, the Town Board agreed to complete the Final GEIS and State Environmental Quality Review Act (SEQRA) Findings Statement using the current study area, and revise the legislation to limit the Form Based District to a single area: the North Greeley corridor.
- Learn more about the New Direction for the Form Based Code
- Read Supervisor Pool's announcement from 2/23/2021
- Watch the Town Board’s discussion from 2/23/2021