Chappaqua Forward - Form Based Code Project
In the spirit of preserving the character of Chappaqua while focused on an enhanced future, the Town of New Castle recognizes the need for the Chappaqua hamlet to meet the following goals:
- A place for community gatherings and civic events;
- A place where residents can live, congregate and spend their time comfortably;
- A place that is aesthetically pleasing and easy to navigate for pedestrians, cyclists, and vehicles; and
- A place that offers exciting dining and entertainment options that attract community residents and visitors
With that vision, the New Castle Comprehensive Plan (adopted in June 2017) acknowledges the need to provide the Chappaqua hamlet with a plan and a set of protocols that supports these goals. For the past two years, the Town has worked on developing a form based code to support the hamlet and its ability to fully realize its potential by current and prospective residents and businesses.
Informational Engagement Sessions
The Town conducted three informative and educational engagement sessions on the Form Based Code. Many town residents participated in these sessions and were able to get answers on their questions regarding the proposed re-zoning.
Many more residents and interested parties viewed the recordings after the original presentations. Watch them on demand.
- Session 1 – Introduction to the Project, originally presented on Tuesday, September 29 at 7 p.m.
- Session 2 – Visual & Transportation Impacts, originally presented on Thursday, October 8 at 4 p.m.
- Session 3 – Alternatives to Proposed Action, originally presented on Thursday, October 15 at 10 a.m.
Public Hearing - Provide Comments on the DGEIS and the Proposed Form Based Code
- Tuesday, October 20, 2020 - 7p.m. - Watch Video On Demand
- Tuesday, October 27, 2020 - 7p.m. - Register here