Chappaqua Forward - Form Based Code Project
In the spirit of preserving the character of Chappaqua while focused on an enhanced future, the Town of New Castle recognizes the need for the Chappaqua hamlet to meet the following goals:
- A place for community gatherings and civic events;
- A place where residents can live, congregate and spend their time comfortably;
- A place that is aesthetically pleasing and easy to navigate for pedestrians, cyclists, and vehicles; and
- A place that offers exciting dining and entertainment options that attract community residents and visitors
With that vision, the New Castle Comprehensive Plan (adopted in June 2017) acknowledges the need to provide the Chappaqua hamlet with a plan and a set of protocols that supports these goals. For the past two years, the Town has worked on developing a form based code to support the hamlet and its ability to fully realize its potential by current and prospective residents and businesses.
Informational Engagement Sessions
The Town conducted three informative and educational engagement sessions on the Form Based Code. Many town residents participated in these sessions and were able to get answers on their questions regarding the proposed re-zoning. Many more residents and interested parties viewed the recordings after the original presentations. Watch them on demand HERE.
These engagement sessions were the start of understanding the Draft Environmental Impact Statement which has been the subject of several public hearings.
Review of the DGEIS is part of the process that the Town is required to follow in relation to reviewing the Form Based Code. To learn more about that process, click HERE.
Public Hearing - Provide Comments on the DGEIS and the Proposed Form Based Code
The Town is in the midst of holding public hearings to obtain public comments on the DGEIS. Several public hearings have been held and you can Watch Video’s on Demand HERE.
Upcoming milestones include:
- On January 13, 2021 at 6PM the Town Board and the Board of Education will hold a joint work session to review and discuss the results of the CCSD consultants’ analyses. Viewing Information HERE
- On January 19, 2021 the Town Board will hold a 5th and possibly final public hearing on the DGEIS to provide an opportunity for the public to comment on the material presented by CCSD. Register HERE.