- Get Connected
- Community Calendar Guidelines
Community Calendar Guidelines
The New Castle Community Calendar is an interactive, web-based program that enables the community to post, view and search for events of broad interest to the community. The calendar is a tool for the public to promote community events and activities.
Calendar Postings are designed to announce one-time or special events for programs of Town-wide significance, not regularly scheduled or private activities (i.e., church services, exercise classes, etc.). No announcements may be posted that promote commercial interests or political events. The Community Calendar may be used to promote educational, social, cultural, or recreational events in New Castle open to the general public, such as events sponsored by non-profit civic, social, charitable, fraternal or educational organizations.
Community Calendar postings will be subject to the following guidelines:
- Only events will be listed on the calendar (festivals, school performances, community and professional performances, community events, etc.)
- All entries should be submitted no less than 10 days prior to the date of the event to ensure posting to Community Calendar.
- All events must be open to the general public, not just to organization members, and must not discriminate on any legally impermissible basis.
- Sporting events, religious services, political fundraisers and camps are not eligible for posting on the Community Calendar.
Calendar Review and Publishing
All submitted events must be sent to the Calendar Editor for approval before they are published on the online calendar. We will do our best to post a submitted event within 2-3 business days. The Town of New Castle reserves the right to decline event submissions, and to edit event information for length, spelling, language and clarity. The Town of New Castle may feature certain events in the eNewsletter.
Submissions should be emailed to CommunityCalendar@MyNewCastle.org. In submitting events to the Calendar, please follow these simple guidelines to ensure sufficient detail and consistency of style throughout the site:
- Event Title
- Event Contact
- Description/Details (no more than 2-3 sentences)
The Town of New Castle reserves the right to limit the number of postings from any one organization and to reject any posting deemed to be offensive or otherwise inconsistent with these guidelines.