Mulch/Compost & Yard Waste
The Town of New Castle Recycling Center Yard is now open Tuesdays, Thursdays and Saturdays starting Tuesday, June 16th although the Recycling Center Office will remain closed until further notice. Starting Saturday, June 20th the Residential Yard Waste Area is open on Saturdays ONLY from 7AM-2:30PM. One resident will be permitted in this area at a time, Recycling Staff will monitor. The Recycling Center Yard will be open Tuesdays, Thursdays and Saturdays only during hours of 7AM-2:30PM. Please note follow the procedural changes below when arriving at the Recycling Center.
- A limit of four vehicles will be permitted within the yard which will be managed by a recycling staff member
- Residents must remain in their cars while waiting on line
- Walk ins will not be permitted
- Residents are required to wear a mask/face covering
- Six feet of social distancing must be maintained so please leave family members home or have them remain in your vehicle
- To ensure social distancing only one resident will be permitted on the platforms at a time
- Use time efficiently in the yard in order to minimize wait time for others
Since the Recycling Center Office will remain closed please visit Chappaqua and Millwood Hardware as they are selling Yard Waste Bags, Recycling Totes and Compostable Liners for Food Compost. Yard Waste will continue to be collected curbside every other Monday. Reminder Mulch/Compost orders can now be placed for delivery only. To place an order please mail a Mulch/Compost Order Form and a check payable to the Town of New Castle to the Recycling Center at 210 Joan Corwin Way, Chappaqua, NY 10514.
Please email any Recycling Center questions to:
Mulch/Compost is now available for sale to New Castle residents FOR HOME DELIVERY ONLY. Please follow the steps below and email@example.com with any questions. The Recycling Center and the Residential Yard Waste Area will remain closed due the Governor’s Order therefore mulch/compost will not be available for resident’s to take. Please see the Town of New Castle 2020 Refuse and Recycling Schedule for Yard Waste Curbside Collection.
- Print the Mulch and Compost Order Form.
- Specify how many yards.(10$/yard)
- Check is only form of payment accepted. Make checks payable to the Town of New Castle.
- Hire an independent contractor to pick up your order and pay them directly (see page 2 of form for names of contractors)
- Provide your cell phone number on the form.
- Mail form and check to Recycling Center, 210 Joan Corwin Way, Chappaqua, NY 10514 or place in Recycling Center mailbox.
- Recycling Center staff member will call you to confirm your order has been received so you can inform your contractor to pick up your order.
- Loading hours have been changed to Tuesday and Thursday only 8AM-11:15AM & 12PM-2:30PM please notify your contractor loading will begin on Tuesday, May 19.
The Recycling Center is closed until further notice including the Residential Yard Waste Area and Recycling Center Yard. At this time NO items will be accepted. Curbside refuse and recycling collection are still taking place. If your call is in regards to refuse and recycling collection please contact SaniPro at 1800-273-9394 or email firstname.lastname@example.org .
Curbside Yard Waste Collection will start Monday, March 23 as scheduled. Please check the Town of New Castle 2020 Refuse and Recycling Schedule to determine when your ZONE will be collected. View Town of New Castle 2020 Refuse and Recycling Schedule here.
Chappaqua Hardware is currently selling Yard Waste Bags and Recycling Totes. The Food Composting Program is temporarily suspended. Mulch/Compost orders are not being accepted at this time. Please hold on to any items that are not collected curbside like EWaste, print cartridges, refrigerators, air conditioners, dehumidifiers, tires and large metal items until further notice.
Email any Recycling Center questions to Recycle@mynewcastle.org and someone will return your email.
Thank you for your patience and we apologize for the inconvenience this closing may cause.