Everything you can recycle curbside, plus:
- Holiday Trees
- Car batteries
- All rechargeable batteries
- Lithium batteries
- Alkaline batteries should be placed in household trash. They are scrapped for the metal.
- Cell phones
- E-Waste - Free collection of New York State Covered Electronics.
- Disposal Tuesday through Saturday 7 a.m. to 2:30 p.m.
- Florescent Light Bulbs
- Freon-containing appliances (e.g, Refrigerators, Air Conditioners, and Dehumidifiers)
- Gas Grill Canisters
- Printer Cartridges
- Scrap metal
- Yard Waste
- Other Items
Do Not Recycle
- Construction Debris such as bricks, insulation, sheet rock and car parts
- Plastic Bags
- Household Chemicals: can be taken to Westchester County Facilities (PDF)
- Paint Cans(paint must be dried and left curbside with the tops off)
In order to protect residents against identify theft or third parties obtaining confidential information, no person other than a Westchester County licensed private carter under contract with the Town or a person with the express written permission of the Town shall open, rummage in, or remove any materials submitted to the Town for recycling from the Town of New Castle Recycling Center. Notwithstanding this policy, the Town allows individuals to remove books from the Town’s designated book bin.