Recycling Center to Re-Open on Tuesday, May 26th
By popular demand, the Town of New Castle Recycling Center is reopening on a limited basis starting Tuesday, May 26th. The Office and Residential Yard Waste Area will remain closed until further notice. The Recycling Center Yard will be open Tuesdays and Thursdays from 7AM-2:30PM only. Please note follow the procedural changes below when arriving at the Recycling Center.
- A limit of four vehicles will be permitted within the yard which will be managed by a recycling staff member
- Residents must remain in their cars while waiting on line to enter the yard.
- Walk-ins will not be permitted
- Residents are required to wear a mask/face covering
- Six feet of social distancing must be maintained so please leave family members home or have them remain in your vehicle
- To ensure social distancing only one resident will be permitted on the platforms at a time
- Use time efficiently in the yard in order to minimize wait time for others
Since the Recycling Center Office and Residential Yard Waste Area will remain closed, please visit Chappaqua Paint and Hardware or Millwood Hardware to purchase yard waste bags, recycling totes and compostable liners for food compost. Yard waste will continue to be collected curbside every other Monday.
As a reminder mulch/compost orders can now be placed for delivery only. For more information please visit:
To place an order please mail a Mulch/Compost Order Form and a check payable to the Town of New Castle to the Recycling Center at 210 Joan Corwin Way, Chappaqua, NY 10514.
Please email any Recycling Center questions to Recycle@mynewcastle.org.
The Recycling Center is closed until further notice including the Residential Yard Waste Area and Recycling Center Yard. At this time NO items will be accepted. Curbside refuse and recycling collection are still taking place. If your call is in regards to refuse and recycling collection please contact SaniPro at 1800-273-9394 or email email@example.com .
Curbside Yard Waste Collection will start Monday, March 23 as scheduled. Please check the Town of New Castle 2020 Refuse and Recycling Schedule to determine when your ZONE will be collected. View Town of New Castle 2020 Refuse and Recycling Schedule here.
Chappaqua Hardware is currently selling Yard Waste Bags and Recycling Totes. The Food Composting Program is temporarily suspended. Mulch/Compost orders are not being accepted at this time. Please hold on to any items that are not collected curbside like EWaste, print cartridges, refrigerators, air conditioners, dehumidifiers, tires and large metal items until further notice.
Email any Recycling Center questions to Recycle@mynewcastle.org and someone will return your email.
Thank you for your patience and we apologize for the inconvenience this closing may cause.
Everything you can recycle curbside, plus:
- Car batteries
- All rechargeable batteries
- Lithium batteries
- Alkaline batteries should be placed in household trash. They are scrapped for the metal.
- Cell phones
- E-Waste - Free collection of New York State Covered Electronics. Effective October 1, 2015 fees for CRT devices (TV’s and monitors) will be:
- 27 inches or less $15
- 28 inches or greater $40
- Disposal Wednesday through Saturday 7 a.m. to 2:30 p.m.
- Florescent Light Bulbs
- Freon-containing appliances (e.g, Refrigerators, Air Conditioners, and Dehumidifiers)
- Gas Grill Canisters
- Printer Cartridges
- Scrap metal
- Yard Waste
- Holiday Trees
- Other Items
Do Not Recycle
- Construction Debris such as bricks, insulation, sheet rock and car parts
- Household Chemicals: can be taken to Westchester County Facilities (PDF)
- Styrofoam Peanuts
In order to protect residents against identify theft or third parties obtaining confidential information, no person other than a Westchester County licensed private carter under contract with the Town or a person with the express written permission of the Town shall open, rummage in, or remove any materials submitted to the Town for recycling from the Town of New Castle Recycling Center. Notwithstanding this policy, the Town allows individuals to remove books from the Town’s designated book bin.