The Recycling Center is closed until further notice including the Residential Yard Waste Area and Recycling Center Yard. At this time NO items will be accepted. Curbside refuse and recycling collection are still taking place. If your call is in regards to refuse and recycling collection please contact SaniPro at 1800-273-9394 or email email@example.com .
Curbside Yard Waste Collection will start Monday, March 23 as scheduled. Please check the Town of New Castle 2020 Refuse and Recycling Schedule to determine when your ZONE will be collected. View Town of New Castle 2020 Refuse and Recycling Schedule here.
Chappaqua Hardware is currently selling Yard Waste Bags and Recycling Totes. The Food Composting Program is temporarily suspended. Mulch/Compost orders are not being accepted at this time. Please hold on to any items that are not collected curbside like EWaste, print cartridges, refrigerators, air conditioners, dehumidifiers, tires and large metal items until further notice.
Email any Recycling Center questions to Recycle@mynewcastle.org and someone will return your email.
Thank you for your patience and we apologize for the inconvenience this closing may cause.
Everything you can recycle curbside, plus:
- Car batteries
- All rechargeable batteries
- Lithium batteries
- Alkaline batteries should be placed in household trash. They are scrapped for the metal.
- Cell phones
- E-Waste - Free collection of New York State Covered Electronics. Effective October 1, 2015 fees for CRT devices (TV’s and monitors) will be:
- 27 inches or less $15
- 28 inches or greater $40
- Disposal Wednesday through Saturday 7 a.m. to 2:30 p.m.
- Florescent Light Bulbs
- Freon-containing appliances (e.g, Refrigerators, Air Conditioners, and Dehumidifiers)
- Gas Grill Canisters
- Printer Cartridges
- Scrap metal
- Yard Waste
- Holiday Trees
- Other Items
Do Not Recycle
- Construction Debris such as bricks, insulation, sheet rock and car parts
- Household Chemicals: can be taken to Westchester County Facilities (PDF)
- Styrofoam Peanuts
In order to protect residents against identify theft or third parties obtaining confidential information, no person other than a Westchester County licensed private carter under contract with the Town or a person with the express written permission of the Town shall open, rummage in, or remove any materials submitted to the Town for recycling from the Town of New Castle Recycling Center. Notwithstanding this policy, the Town allows individuals to remove books from the Town’s designated book bin.