Recycling & Refuse Unit
New Castle Yard Waste Options
New Castle Residents have two FREE OF CHARGE options to remove yard waste (storm debris)
- Disposal, New Castle’s carting company will collect yard waste curbside every other Monday (please see schedule.) Leaves, brush, grass and tree trimmings must be in paper yard waste bags or bundles. Bundles need to be no longer than 3 foot in length and 2 foot in width and weigh less than 60 pounds. Branches over 5 inches in diameter and stumps will not be accepted.
- Residents are welcome to bring yard waste to the Recycling Center Residential Yard Waste Area located at 210 Joan Corwin Way, Chappaqua, NY 10514. This area is open Monday-Saturday 7am-2:30pm. This area is designated for resident’s vehicles only, contractor vehicles are not permitted.
All yard waste is recycled and processed to make mulch/compost which is used for municipal projects and is available to New Castle residents for $10 a yard. Residents are welcome to take smaller amounts of mulch/compost from the Residential Yard Waste Area free of charge.
The Town of New Castle Recycling Center Yard is open Tuesdays, Thursdays and Saturdays 7AM-2:30PM although the Recycling Center Office will remain closed. Starting Saturday, July 18 the Residential Yard Waste Area will be open Monday thru Saturday from 7AM-2:30PM. Face mask must be worn and six feet of social distancing must be maintained. Please note the following procedural changes below when you arrive at the Recycling Center Yard.
- A limit of four vehicles will be permitted within the yard which will be managed by a recycling staff member
- Residents must remain in their cars while waiting on line
- Walk ins will not be permitted
- Residents are required to wear a mask/face covering
- Six feet of social distancing must be maintained so please leave family members home or have them remain in your vehicle
- To ensure social distancing only one resident will be permitted on the platforms at a time
- Use time efficiently in the yard in order to minimize wait time for others
Since the Recycling Center Office will remain closed please visit Chappaqua and Millwood Hardware as they are selling Yard Waste Bags, Recycling Totes and Compostable Liners for Food Compost. Yard Waste will continue to be collected curbside every other Monday. Reminder Mulch/Compost orders can now be placed for delivery only. To place an order please mail a Mulch/Compost Order Form and a check payable to the Town of New Castle to the Recycling Center at 210 Joan Corwin Way, Chappaqua, NY 10514. Please email any Recycling Center questions to Recycle@mynewcastle.org.
Mulch/Compost is now available for sale to New Castle residents FOR HOME DELIVERY ONLY. Please follow the steps below and firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions. The Recycling Center and the Residential Yard Waste Area will remain closed due the Governor’s Order therefore mulch/compost will not be available for resident’s to take. Please see the Town of New Castle 2020 Refuse and Recycling Schedule for Yard Waste Curbside Collection.
- Print the Mulch and Compost Order Form.
- Specify how many yards.(10$/yard)
- Check is only form of payment accepted. Make checks payable to the Town of New Castle.
- Hire an independent contractor to pick up your order and pay them directly (see page 2 of form for names of contractors)
- Provide your cell phone number on the form.
- Mail form and check to Recycling Center, 210 Joan Corwin Way, Chappaqua, NY 10514 or place in Recycling Center mailbox.
- Recycling Center staff member will call you to confirm your order has been received so you can inform your contractor to pick up your order.
- Loading hours have been changed to Tuesday and Thursday only 8AM-11:15AM & 12PM-2:30PM please notify your contractor loading will begin on Tuesday, May 19.
View the New Castle Refuse and Recycling calendar and learn more about refuse disposal.
Learn what can be recycled curbside.
Learn what items can be dropped off at the Recycling Center.
Schedule, donation guidelines and policies for the reusable item swap shed.
Information to purchase mulch and compost from the Town.
The Food Scrap Recovery Program removes heavy food waste out of the garbage collection and can also supplement home composting.