Summer Day Camps
Updated refund policy
- Updated refund policy
- Any refund request received within 14 days of camp start date: 25% of Camp Fee.
- Any refund request received within 7 days of the camp start date: 50 % of Camp Fee
- Any refund request made on or after the camp start date: No refunds
- Any refund request due to a medical reason must be made in writing to the Assistant Superintendent of Recreation & Parks.
**If camp is cancelled due to COVID-19, all registrants are eligible for a refund (or, the registrant’s option, a credit toward future programs and camps), minus online service fees charged by Community Pass. If camp is modified due to COVID-19, all registrants may choose (a) to withdraw and thus be eligible a refund, minus online service fees charged by Community Pass, or (b) to attend the camp as modified and be eligible for a pro-rata refund, minus online service fees charged by Community Pass. In either case, the registrant may choose the applicable refund or a credit toward future programs and camps.
- What will the daily activities be like this year?
- What safety measures will be put in place to help prevent the spread of COVID-19?
- What will camp be like at Amsterdam Park (Camp Adventure/OTG)?
- If I do not feel comfortable sending my child to camp, when is the latest I can request a refund without penalty?
- Are there CIT positions available?
2020 Camp Dates
July 13th-August 14th
- Session 1 will be July 13th to July 24th (two week session)
- Session 2 will be July 27th to August 14th (three week session)
- Full camp session will be July 13th to August 14th (five week session)
- You WILL be required to submit a copy of your child’s immunizations from their doctor before registration is considered complete.
(Starting Monday, June 8th at 10:00 AM)
Tots Camp is a Town of New Castle summer tradition for ages 3 to 5 years old. This camp offers children their first glimpse into camp while still having structure to each day. Arts and Crafts, Sports, Water Play, Music, and exciting entertainers make this camp a perfect fit for little ones! Ages 3 to 5 years old
Camp Adventure is a Town of New Castle summer tradition for grades 1-4. Campers get to enjoy art, swimming, sports, entertainers, and theme days in an exciting, fun atmosphere. Grades 1st – 4th
On The Go is for campers in grades 5-8 (entering Fall 2020) who are looking for an active summer of fun with friends. While we may not be travelling this year due to COVID-19 restrictions, we are still excited for another great summer! The "On the Go" program will merge with our Camp Adventure team to create an exciting summer full of traditional camp activites!
Grades 9th – 10th The New Castle CIT program is for campers entering in 9th and 10th grades and are not yet 16 years old. CITS will be assigned to Camp Adventure or Tots Camp and work along side camp counselors to gain experience in working with younger children in a camp setting. CITS will be given preference for future counselor jobs.
A 5-week program, Monday to Friday, 9:30am to 1:30pm, for children with a special interest in art. The program is focused around a theme, which is explored thought multi-media art projects, stories, and games. Daily playground and outdoor activities are included. Participants must bring a non-perishable lunch. Ages 4 to 7 years old