The Recyling Center is located at:
210 Hunts Lane, Chappaqua, NY 10514
Office Hours: Wednesday - Saturday
7 AM - 11:15 AM
12 PM - 2:30 PM
Recycling toters are in and ready for distribution
$50/Assembled toter – Picked up by resident at the Recycling Center
$70/Assembled toter – Delivered to resident at home
$55/Assembled toter – Delivered to Senior resident at home
$45/Unassembled toter – Picked up at RecyclingCenter for resale by a business located in New Castle
Take It Or Leave It (TIOLI)
2015 scheduled opening will be May 16th due to improvements and construction work.
Hours are Saturday 9AM-12PM May 16 - November. Location is Train Station Parking lot behind gas station.
Effective 8/20/13: New Mulch/Compost delivery policy.
Residents are now required to make private delivery arrangements.
Not sure how much material you need for a given job?
Use the Material Needed Calculator.
Yard Waste Area Hours: Mon. - Sat. 7am-2:30pm
Residents who need to get rid of brush may do so by:
- Residental Yard Waste Area in their own vehicle (proof of residency required),
The Residental Yard Waste Area is open Monday through Saturday, 7 am to 2:30 PM and town residents can use the residential yard waste area to drop of brush, tree limbs and logs and lawn bags - All free of charge. The recycling center can not accept stumps, pressure- treated wood or fences.
- Putting it at the curb for pickup by Sani-Pro on (see schedule for pickup days). Brush must be packaged according to Sani-Pro's specifications - Bundles only, maximum of 4 feet long and weigh less than 60 pounds. Brush over 5 inches in diameter, loose branches and other material will not be picked up.
- Hiring a private contractor, accompanied with Statement to dump yard waste 2015.
Please contact DPW if you have any questions. 238- 8091.
Everything You Wanted to Know About Recycling…
(And Why It’s So Important*)
*So,why should I recycle?
Recycling saves energy, conserves our resources for future generations, reduces pollution, and saves you money.
Please note that some items can be recycled curbside and others can be recycled both curbside and at the Recycling Center.
What can I recycle curbside?
- Plastic – All plastic numbered 1-7
- Metals – Aluminum and Tin Cans, aluminum foil, empty Aeorosol Cans
- Glass bottles – food bottles and jars, wine bottles, beer bottles (remove caps)
- Waxed Coated Containers
Do not Recycle
- Toys, any plastic without a number
- Pesticide or solvent containers
- Lightbulbs, drinking glasses, window panes, Pyrex or ceramics
- Newspaper and magazines – bundled and tied or in a separate paper bag
- Cardboard – broken down no larger than 4’ x 4’
- All other paper – any color. No need to remove staples. Separate into paper bag or recycling bin
Do not Recycle
- Dirty paper plates and cups
What can I bring to the Recycling Center?
Everything you can recycle curbside, plus:
- Tires (also accepted at Household Recycling Days)
- Batteries (also accepted at Household Recycling Days)
- Cell phones (also accepted at Household Recycling Days)
- E-Waste - Free collection of New York State Covered Electronics INCLUDING CRT-containing devices (Wed.- Sat. 7am - 2:30pm)
- Florescent Light Bulbs
- CFLs (Compact Fluorescent Lightbulbs) – These bulbs are better for the environment
- Refrigerators (Refrigerators in addition to washers, dryers, freezers, stoves accepted at Household Cleanup Days)
- Gas Grill Canisters
- Printer Cartridges
- Yard Waste
- Scrap metal
- Other Items
- Yard waste – compostable bags, on designated waste days.
- Holiday trees.
Do not recycle
- Construction Debris such as bricks, insulation, sheetrock and car parts
Household Chemicals:can be taken to Westchester County Facilities - Click here for more information.
Become a Member of the Sustainability Advisory Board and help your community.
The Sustainability Advisory Board acts as an advisory board to the Town Board about policy and administration of solid waste collection and disposal, recycling as waste reduction. It meets at 7:30 p.m. on the last Wednesday of each month. Meetings are open to the public. For more information, contact the Recycling Department at (914) 238-8091.