The mission of the New Castle Recreation and Parks Commission is to enhance the quality of life in New Castle through sports, leisure and other recreational experiences and to provide a safe environment that emphasizes fun and the joy of personal development through participation and discovery at all ages.
Department Phone #: (914) 238-3909
RECREATION NEWS & NOTICES
The annual Summer Concert Series returns with a great line-up of bands with a little something for everyone! This year's series sponsor is Breezemont Day Camp. See below for the 2014 schedule.
- Wednesday, July 9th - CHAPPAQUA'S GOT TALENT! Featuring: Natterjack Toad, Music in Chappaqua, The Lagond Honors Band, The Velcrows
- Wednesday, July 16th - THE CHAPPAQUA ORCHESTRA: Summer Classics and Solo Clarinetist Eric Drucker
- Wednesday, July, 23rd - DON DUPONT BIG BAND: Remembering the Big Band Era
- Wednesday, July 30th - TRAMPS LIKE US: Bruce Springsteen Tribute Band
Click here for event flyer.
All concerts are scheduled to begin at 7:00pm and take place at Recreation Field adjacent to New Castle Town Hall. In the event of inclement weather, please call the Recreation & Parks Department hotline at 238-2540 or visit the www.chappaqua-millwoodchamberofcommerce.org for event updates. Please note, no dogs are allowed on Recreation Field.
We also recently added the camps listed below to our summer offerings. Please see the program flyer for specific information regarding each camp.
- Instructional Softball Clinic with AP Player Development: August 4th - August 7th...click here for program flyer.
- Mike Debellis Wrestling Camp: August 11th - August 14th ...click here for program flyer.
Please note: Some camps offer discounts and "specials"...so make sure to check out the registration information for each camp.
2014 Spring & Summer Programs
You may register in person, by mail or leave your registration in the drop box located just outside the Recreation & Parks Department office, if after business hours. Please be familiar with our registration procedures and policies found in our program brochure to avoid any issues at the time of registration.
General Registration Form*
This is an interactive form which allows you to input information directly on to the form before printing.
*Please note, some programs may require a separate registration form.
|Recreation & Parks Office||238-3909|
|Hotline & Cancellations||238-2540|
|North East Special Recreation||347-4409|
|New Castle Town Hall||238-4771|
|New Castle Police Department||238-4122|
Field & Program Alerts
For the most up-to-date information regarding program cancellations and field closings, we offer the following notification options:
- Call the Recreation Hotline: (914) 238 - 2540...message is updated by 3:00pm on weekdays and by 7:00am on weekends (or earlier when neccessary).
- Register to receive field updates and program alerts via e-mail and/or text messages through the Town's CodeRED Community Notification System. To subscribe to the alerts follow the instructions below. Please note: For new CodeRED users, this process will enroll you in the Town's emergency notification system, and will also add you to the Recreation & Parks Department field and program alerts notification list.
New CodeRED Users: Click here to enroll in the CodeRED Community Notification System. Enter the required information and then click "Verify Information". You will then be asked, "Would you like to create a managed account?" Answer "YES", this will then give you the option to check the "Recreation & Parks Field and Program Alerts" box under the "Community Notifications" section. Check that box...that's it, you are signed up to receive field updates and program alerts.
Existing CodeRED Users: If you are already enrolled in the CodeRED system, access your account by entering your username and password, confirm you have, or update to, a "Managed Account", then simply check the "Recreation & Parks Field and Program Alerts" box under "Community Notifications".
Click on any of the below "Icons" for more detailed information in each program area.