File a Non-Emergency Police Report Online
PolicE-Report is an easy and convenient way for New Castle residents to file a police report from home, work, or anywhere with internet access. You can use the system to file certain non-emergency reports for incidents that occurred in the Town of New Castle.
Information you will be asked for to complete the Online Report
- The name,address, phone number and email address of the person making the report
- The location in New Castle where the incident occurred
- The date and time that the incident occurred
- Details about the incident and any information you think we should know
- Description and estimated value of any property that was lost, damaged or stolen
Once you file the Report
- You will receive a tracking number. This is not the official report number. The official report number will be emailed to you when the report is approved.
- You will be given the option to print your report
- Within the next 8 hours your report will be reviewed by a supervisor
- If necessary you will be contacted by the officer conducting the investigation
There are three steps to filing the report:
1. Qualification: Make sure that Online reporting is appropriate in this instance
2. Type of Report: Online reports are available for certain non-emergency incidents. Choose from a list of complaints that can currently be filed Online.
3. File the Report: Complete the form and send your report.
Online reports should never be used to report an emergency, a crime in progress, if someone is being hurt or threatened or any type of injury.
If you have an emergency call 911.