Winter Season Notes from DPW:
Please be aware of the following this winter season:
- Cars may not be parked overnight on any street between the hours of 1:00am and 7:00am, from November 1 to April 1.
- During significant snow storms or difficult travel situations a state of emergency may be called be the Town Supervisor. Typically the Town will post emergency declarations on its website (mynewcastle.org) or use the Code Red/NIXLE alert system, as appropriate, to notify residents. No parking is allowed on any Town street during this time.
- Dumping snow on Town roads is not permissible. If you have a contractor plowing snow to clear your driveway please advise them that the Town does not allow them to push snow on to the road.
- When significant snow storms are upon us, all necessary DPW employees are called in to work. Please be patient as we have over 100-miles of road to plow and 15 plow operators. It may be several hours to get to your road after each round of plowing.
- Please consider safety when deciding if to travel during a snow storm.